Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mediation from A to Z


For my January 2013 post, I have written a synopsis of the varied tasks undertaken by mediators. Here they are, in A to Z order:

Achieve agreement
Broker breaches
Clarify conflicts
Discuss disagreements
Evaluate embroilments
Facilitate friendship
Garner generosity
Help harmonize
Incentivize issue-resolution
Jump into jams
Kindle knowledge
Link lessons
Mediate misunderstandings
Nix nay-sayers
Open opportunities
Prod parties
Resolve rows
Share suggestions
Tackle troublesome issues
Underscore unity
Verify values
Write well
Exude excellence
Yearn for yields
Zero in on zones of agreement

Can you think of any others I've missed? Please let me know, I had a lot of fun coming up with these examples.

If you have any questions about this post or about alternative dispute resolution in general, feel free to contact me at linda@alpertmediation.com.

Alpert Mediation, All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment